At an operating session I mentioned that I was thinking seriously about moving to HO scale (from 3-rail O scale) in order to build a more operations-friendly layout. Norm Stenzel graciously offered to design the layout, devising a footprint (black) and mainline (red), making room for a nice snug yard (light blue) as well.
Construction started in earnest in January 2018.
- Era: Transition (1940’s)
- Locale: Western North Carolina, likely along the Murphy Branch.
- Size: 28’ x 13’
- Track plan: Point-to-point terminating in a shared staging yard.
- Scale: HO
- Minimum radius: 36” (O72)
- Maximum grade: 2.5%
- Track/Turnouts: PECO Code 83; staging is PECO & Atlas Code 100.
- Control: DCC, Digitrax Zephyr